Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sunday Sangria

   

Sunday Sangria



Professional and consistent attention to detail and a focused dedication to every dish served out of the kitchen is what impresses me, and Cebu Bar & Bistro gets it right every time. This restaurant in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn is five minutes from my home, and the slightly mysterious aura is attractively chic while offering culinary surprises that yield outstanding power flavors.

I was happy to enjoy Sunday brunch with my dear friend, Christina Moore, an executive at MTV and the present Miss Kings County. As Christina and I happily  discussed her pageant journey for the very near future and my upcoming cookbook release, we ordered from a brunch menu that boasted such delights as aromatic mussels bathed in a broth of lemon-grass, coconut and jalapeno. Over the years I have developed my share of recipes for mussels, and I find Cebu’s combination for their mussels to be quite exciting. I also caught a glimpse of cornmeal pancakes, another eclectic offering. As a lover of fish tacos, I admired their topping of mango Pico de Gallo and an avocado lime crème. Note the picture above as a friendly waiter passed by and held that enchanting serving of tacos up for a quick shot by my Iphone.
But alas, I was in an Eggs Benedict mood and especially up for a brunch drink. The good news is that I now have yet another reason to visit Cebu, and that would be their white sangria.
Christina selected a mimosa while I ordered sangria, and I opted for the white as it is a better pairing with Eggs Benedict as opposed to red.  Before I even had a taste, I noted that Cebu is that rare establishment that understands the correct way to prepare this festive drink. The apples were cubed, and apples should always be cubed in sangria. The same rule stands for pears and peaches. All wines have a level of  acidity and will break down the fruit if sliced too thin. My chilled glass was filled with a vibrant white wine sweetly laced with bursting fruity flavors.  Suffice it to say, Cebu prepares the best white sangria I have ever tasted, and I have tasted this drink all over the country.
When in Brooklyn, visit Cebu for brunch, lunch or dinner. They never disappoint, and there are many offerings on their menu that pair perfectly with their wickedly wonderful white sangria!
Cebu Bar and Bistro
8801 Third Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209
www.CebuBrooklyn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment